Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Blog Begins




Well, now that we are starting the exciting adventure of parenthood and at the urging of friends and family, I have decided to start a blog. I hope that I'm witty and eloquent enough to come up with interesting things to share with you. But if not, the pictures should suffice. :)


As many of you know, Dave and I struggled with infertility for over 4 and 1/2 years before becoming pregnant. It was a time of great growth for us. We had our share of mourning and sadness, but thanks to my husband's unwavering faith, there was always plenty of hope to go around. Dave always believed that God would bless us with our own child(ren). I always believed that God would do what was best for us, but I didn't have "the word" from Him that having our own children was necessarily that plan. I'm glad He spoke to Dave in that way; it always gave me great comfort and peace about the situation.

God's timing is perfect! We have grown closer to one another and closer to Him over these past several years, and I am glad that He picked now. Here's why:

Over the past 5 years, we have:


  • Grown closer to Christ, soaked in the Word, and started trusting in His plan for us instead of following the world's expectations. There is much freedom in knowing that I can't and don't have to manage all of the details of my life. What a burden that would be (and has been for much of my life!) No more.


  • Strengthened our marriage. I would have never believed (or probably even understood) how wonderful marriage could be until God brought us here. Many couples are separated by hard times. We were strengthened, thanks to the grace of God.


  • Gotten more involved in our church and found AMAZING Christian brothers and sisters with which to grow and learn. FIVE of us are pregnant right now! We are all due within 4 months of each other! What a special blessing from God!


  • Finished my masters degree and both found new career paths that better fit our skill sets and passions.


  • Gone on many fantastic vacations that would have been difficult to do with young children. We skied in Vail twice, sipped wine in Napa and Sonoma, done the NYC thing, been to Vegas with my sisters and mom (in law, but all the same to me), done a beach vacation at a couples-only resort in Mexico, celebrated Dad's 60th birthday in Boston, relaxed at the family lake house(s), and many more. God's creation is amazing!


  • Gotten involved in church ministries - me with the youth and Dave with the men's ministry.


  • Learned to laugh and relax much more frequently!

  • I promise to have more pictures up soon! Belly pictures coming and in 3 short weeks, our 20-week gender ultrasound pictures! :)



    5 comments:

    Grace said...

    In case I haven't told you yet, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY for you both!!!!! =) =)

    Unknown said...

    I love it, Jenn! I'm so glad you decided to do this. You're my precious angel.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Terry said...

    This pregnancy is such an answer to prayer not only for Dave & Jenn but for many family and friends. I looked back in my prayer journal where I keep my special prayer requests and it says, "Jenn - pg this year" then I have these little notes, "'06-no," "'07-no," "'08-no," "'09-no" and them comes "2010 - YES!!!!"

    I would usually pray for Dave & Jenn when I did my daily walk, between 10 and 11:30 each day. I used to tease them that they would conceive during those hours :-) But..........the exciting thing here is that God did give a YES in 2010 and this particular aunt can't wait for Baby Connell's arrival. Praise the Lord for this answer to many years of prayer !!

    Agnes said...

    Dearest Jenn and Dave,
    I am so very very proud for you. I am overwhelmed by the Lord's great goodness in our lives with the provision of this precious little one. I thank Him and you for allowing me to vicariously be a part of this miracle. I've prayed for a boy all along even before he was conceived. I won't be disappointed if it's a girl. I am just so grateful for the beauty of beholding His handiwork in your lives. Rita

    Jenn Connell said...

    Thanks for the prayers and well wishes!