I am updating the blog from 37,000 feet on my way to Las Vegas for a business trip. I love that the airlines (at least this one) offer WiFi now, even if it is just another way to charge passengers a fee! This is the first of 3 business trips I have in the next 10 days, 2 of which are to the West Coast!! The 2nd of the 3 has displaced our ultrasound. Agh! At first, I was bothered by the fact that I needed to go to LA: 1) on a holiday (observed), and 2) over the day we were supposed to have our BIG ultrasound! But it turns out that we were able to reschedule the ultrasound for this FRIDAY! So we will know the gender 4 days earlier than originally planned! Plus I am traveling out to see my LA Live project, which I haven't seen since it was a not-so-tall mass of concrete. This is what it looked like last time I saw it.

The 54-story, 1,000-room hotel has a JW Marriott and a Ritz-Carlton, and it is gorgeous (despite the many unresolved issues that are causing this trip in the first place). Here's a rendering of what it looks like now.

Should be a fun trip despite the scheduling turmoil it caused. And we get our early ultrasound! There's a silver lining to everything!
Speaking of changing plans, I somehow got my dates wrong for the annual Connell family lake house trip in July and scheduled a trip to MS for that weekend. Doh!! I was distraught because I was really looking forward to going both places, and there was a time last night when I was just sure I wouldn't be able to work it out. But God was gracious and allowed me to make the switch-a-roo. Woo hoo! So I'm going to MS and we still get to go to the Poconos. It's a miracle that the Waite's were all available on the alternate date and that the flight was reasonable to change.
Now that the scheduling turbulence has abated, I now return to 3 hours of remaining airplane turbulence.
I'll be back on Friday with the big news!
No comments:
Post a Comment