Monday, April 11, 2011

Joshua is 5 months old! Boy what a ride!

I am embarrassed that it's been so long since I've posted!  Since so much time has passed, this one's going to be long!

Wow, the joys of parenthood multiply as the months pass!  You may have been able to tell by my last post that the first couple of months were a struggle for me.  Yes, I LOVED my sweet gift from the Lord, and I cherished him even during those times.  But it was a difficult time of transition.  I thought that being older and established, it would be an easier transition.  But someone told me that this is the very thing that works against you.  You are so happy with your current life and are pretty set in your ways, and then WHOA NELLY!  Your life is completely uprooted. 

Now, I am so grateful for the uprooting!  Our little Joshua is such a joy!  Watching him grow and change has been the most amazing experience!  I thought 3 months was the best yet and then 4 months...and now 5 months is proving to be a hoot!  He has the cutest little personality.  He is so extremely social, like his daddy. :)  He charms everyone with his constant smiles and his squeals of delight.  Even at 6am, the squeals of delight make me smile in my sleep! :)

Significant happenings over the last few months are learning to roll over from back to front (which he does often at night!), learning to squeal and giggle, grabbing anything and everything (sometimes hard!), learning to fall sleep and then forgetting how again, eating his first solid food, visiting Mae Mae and Pappy, meeting Uncle Nurch, cousin Layla and Grand Nana for the first time and having Nana visit.



Tummy time (4.5 months)

Enjoying a rare warm day in February (3.5 months)



Ready to take on the world after a day at school (4.5 months)

Sweet face!  (4 months)

In his bumbo in Missisippi

First bite of solid food!

Meeting cousin Layla

Because of his little flat noggin, Joshua was diagnosed with brachycephaly (flat head syndrome also sometimes called plagiocephaly).  This is not a serious condition, but it will requre him to wear a helmet called a DOC band for about 6-9 weeks.  We got the band on Tuesday last week, and he doesn't seem to mind it at all!



5 minutes after the DOC band was put on

10 minutes

30 minutes and out! :)
He sleeps pretty well in it.  He's napping right now, in fact.  Haven't heard a peep for 45 minutes! :)  (Never type a statement like that.  As soon as I hit the last keystroke, he woke up!)  Here are some pictures of the band after we decorated it.  We gave it a travel theme of sorts.


Holding a bottle, just not his!


Sleeping with his links in hand.
 Next up:  Lessons from Joshua

No comments: