Monday, July 19, 2010

Lots of Long Weekends and A New Nickname

Now that I'm done traveling for work for a while, let the long weekend vacations begin!  Our first trip has come and gone.  We went to the Cross/Scott lake house near the Poconos.  It's always a wonderful time with family relaxing, sunning, and fishing on the lake.  Here are some pics.


The "senior week" crowd.  The cousins get together every year in July at the lake.  Some of us young'uns get to come up too!  It's one of our favorite annual traditions.  There is nothing a little fishing and sunning at the lake can't fix!  We always have a clam boil on Saturday, plenty of card games, political and religious discussions, and lots of laughs.  This year the favorite activity seemed to be trying to find a name for the baby.  We looked at the family tree and came up with Obadiah Rufus Connell.  Kidding, of course.  But Dave did give him a new pre-natal nickname, which I will disclose later.

The lake house from the front drive. 


Just next to the outdoor shower. :)


Partial view of the lake from the edge of the yard.  It is one of the most peaceful places I've ever been.  I went fishing with Dave one afternoon (well, I was reading most of the time, but Dave caught a few) and canoeing the next.  We saw something sticking its head out of the water near the lilly pads.  Turns out it was a beaver!  Too bad we didn't have our camera with us. :(  We have donned him Bartholomew the Beaver.




A few hammock shots.

Well, our little one doesn't have an official name yet, but on this trip, Dave began calling him JR for Junior.  Looks like it's stuck!  JR gets anything he wants to eat and is apparently cute enough to convince people to drive him around and carry his bags.  I like this pattern for now. :)

Our next long weekend is to the Maryland/Delaware beaches with the Connell and Hartwell families.  Then I'm off to Jackson to see the Waite clan and Nana!  Then the final trip is to Smith Mountain Lake in Southern Virginia.  Later in August, I/we will be headed down to Florida for my cousin Charis's wedding!  I could get used to working 2-3 days a week!!!

Praise God for providing some good rest and time with family!


No comments: